Friday, September 12, 2008

Skeptic's Surprise



In an article written by Bruce Ross in The Record Searchlight, dated September 5th, he initially states his skepticism regarding Venture Island. However, after attending the event he said that the event was “entertaining, educational, and an introduction to 20 creative businesspeople.”

“When you think venture capital, you probably think technology, but the entrepreneurs were a mix — insurance and accounting consultants with new ideas, farm products, creative new tools cobbled together by tradesmen, a craft brewery and, yes, some high-tech materials and Web idea.”

Ross is putting his money on Shasta Crystals new idea regarding the manufacturing of the crystals used in mini projectors. According to him, all the businesses represented, “win or lose this event, are worth keeping an eye on.”

2 comments:

mamma said...

I am putting my money on the only one of a kind product at the show. That is Kimberly Mankins with After Baby LLC!! As a mother I wish there was an After Baby when I gave birth!! Her product is amazing and the market is huge to put it lightly! In my eyes with 4.6 million babies born each year in the United States alone she has a sure fire WINNER on her hands!!! from mamma

Stacy said...

I think mamma is right. I did some looking around and the crystals are already in the computers and games like playstation ect. Even though cheaper they are not new, the sos foot socks are offered by Avon. As far as when a love one dies, (my father just passed) there are a million and one books handouts on everything one needs or wants to know. The child door thing is nice but really I do not see it as a big seller for a long period of time. After Baby LLC has the only NEW Idea I saw. I wish her the best and hope she goes all the way!!!!